Over the next year (or so) we will be taking on 12 challenges – and one extra each for luck. From 10km races to our very first triathlons, from cycling from Bristol to Paris and walking across the UK to endurance races and a full marathon – each will be a gruelling event to raise money for the coronary care and cardiology units at Southmead Hospital. Here are our challenges:
1. The Iceman, Frimley: January 26, 2013 – DONE
2. Forest of Dean half marathon: April 7 – DONE (originally scheduled for March 24 but had to be postponed because of the snow! At the time we managed to enter the Ashton Court 15k at the last minute – hence the bonus race report under our challenges section)
3. Bristol 10k: May 5 – DONE
4. Eton Dorney Triathlon: May 19 – DONE
5. The Three Peaks: May 30 – June 1 – DONE
6. Bristol to Paris bike ride – July 10-12 – DONE
7. The Thunder Run – July 27/28 – DONE
8. Coast to coast trek across Hadrian’s Wall – August 20-24 – DONE
9. Bristol half marathon – September 15 – DONE
10. Survival of the Fittest – October 20, November 2, or November 16 11. Athens Marathon – November 10 12. The last one – Marriage. If our challenges don’t finish us off, this will… only joking – we haven’t decided yet! 13. The wild card – wait and see…
10. Windermere marathon – May 18th, 2014: A full marathon and our first event in 2014 – DONE
11. A cycling sportive – still to be decided, but very keen to get back on the bikes!
12. Tough Mudder – July 12th, Boughton House, Kettering: Yes, we are aware this confirms that we, and our team mates Den and Arthur, all have a little bit of crazy in us, but it should be a rewarding pint afterwards…
13. Kayaking the river Wye – 23-25th August: In theory, a slightly more relaxed ‘challenge’ for us to finish on, and one that a few mates have expressed an interest in joining us on! Details to follow.
Click on the dropdown menu in this section to find out more about each challenge, to see how we got on after each event and to check out our photos and videos. You can also find out the latest news on what we’re doing on our Challenge blog.
Most of all, please feel free to come and join us and get involved yourselves (and don’t forget to donate…) http://www.justgiving.com/helpinghearts2013